Image Map

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Ink to canvas revisited...

Today I am revisiting an old craft post which has been one of the most popular tutorials on the blog - how to transfer ink to canvas. I mentioned in the original tutorial that I had considered painting over the font but decided against it at the time. I was well aware that I haven't picked up a paint brush since 6th form! Well the canvas went off to the hubby's office and I didn't see it again for a long time. However, since moving, it now resides in our study and I kept noticing how faded the words had become. So the time came where I finally decided to face the paintbrush and the fiddly work of attempting to paint the font. It's not perfectly true to the font but I'm just glad I didn't completely ruin the canvas and the lines are actually pretty even (overall)!

Here's the work in progress:


I was amazed at the contrast...there was definitely no going back once I had started.


And here's the whole canvas...


This has reminded me just how easy transferring ink to canvas is and I'm coming up with all sorts of quotes to fill our home with - I think I'll just go with a bigger font size to make it easier on my beginner painting skills!

You can see the original post here


1 comment:

  1. I love it! I have some canvas laying around under my desk. Better put it to a better use :)
    Liz @ rusticpeach.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...