Image Map

Monday, May 14, 2012

Paper flower D.I.Y...

I'm going to be honest, I wasn't sure whether I'd be able to upload a d.i.y. for you today. Mainly because my camera ran out of battery and I couldn't find the charger. I eventually found in our store cupboard next to the drill and the iron. obviously.


Apart from doing ridiculous things (the charger is only one of a long list of things I've lost lately) my weekend was pretty good. We're moving to a new city in the Summer and were house hunting this weekend...and we've hopefully found our future home! We need to sign on the dotted line but I'm already thinking about all the pretty things I could make to fill our new space :)

As well as dreaming up new craft ideas for the home I've been busy building up a stock of pretty gift wrap. I love adding bows and using pretty paper. I've seen lots of paper flower inspiration on pinterest and decided I wanted a stockpile of flowers I could use for adding the lovely finishing touch.

Paper flower wrap


What you need:
Card or paper of your choice
Scissors
Glue
Beads for decoration

1) Cut out a rough circle of card. Next cut a spiral into the card.


2) Starting from the centre roll the card up tightly.


until you get this:


3) Loosen and tease the card until you get the shape you like and then glue the end to the outside.


4) To stabilise the flower and give a base for sticking to the wrapping paper, cut a circle of card that is slightly bigger than the base of the flower. Glue and stick.


5) Next simply add a small amount of glue to your bead and adhere to the centre of the flower.


Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...