Image Map

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

D.I.Y. travel-sized safety pin holder...

So are women really meant to have Mary Poppins bags that contain all you could ever possibly need for every possible circumstance? Because my handbag mostly just has old receipts and empty chocolate wrappers in it (hence why I will never do a 'what's in my bag' post...it would be completely staged because, as much as I love you, I'm never going to reveal to you how much rubbish I really carry around with me!)


Up until now I have never (intentionally) carried around safety pins. They're something you will hardly ever need but equally if you do need one, it normally warrants an emergency situation where either your arms are clamped to your sides for the rest of the night or your friends form a shield around you as you, clutching your skirt/dress/etc, make for the nearest exit trying to avoid showing everyone your choice of underwear that day.

Suffice to say I decided it was time to add safety pins to my handbag.


After the pretty addition to my handbag of the mini notepad I decided to continue the theme with my safety pin holder. Again, this is so simple (a common occurrence in my D.I.Y. adventures!).



What you need:
Thin card
Ribbon
Scissors/craft knife
Glue
Stapler

1) Cut out a strip of card (I cut mine 16 x 5.5 cm)

2) First fold your card 2cm from the bottom of the strip to create a small lip. Then fold the top of your card to meet the first fold.

3) Next using either a knife or scissors ( but knife is easier) cut two slits in the back of the card. this is going to be for your ribbon so they need to be slightly wider than your ribbon width.

4) Feed your ribbon through the back of the card so that the ends can be hidden under the first fold. Add a dab of glue to secure the ends of the ribbon together.

5) Staple the small fold...and you're done!

What are your travel necessities? Share if you have any cute ways to organise your bag, I would love some inspiration :)

5 comments:

  1. What a good idea! I am always looking for safety pins. I need to just go buy a huge pack of them so I have some. xx. McKenna Lou
    www.lynnandlou.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so creative! I'm always digging in my bag for safety pins. By the way, thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness! What a sweet blog you have. I love this idea so much. I always find myself needing a safety pin when I can't find one. I will absolutely be making this.

    PS. I am hosting a giveaway on Lynn + Lou today. We hope you stop by and check it out.

    XX, Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is such a cute idea! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay commenting again because I nominated you for the Liebster award! come check out the link below :)


    http://perpetualnomming.blogspot.com/2013/03/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...