Image Map

Monday, March 18, 2013

A modern twist on the friendship bracelet...

I love mixing up textiles in Jewellery making (see here and here) so I've loved seeing all the thread and chain combinations that have been popping up over the internet. It was my friend Cath's birthday on Saturday, I knew I wanted to make her jewellery as a gift so I dusted off my tools and started playing around with some chain and this gorgeous embroidery thread (I'm a sucker for anything dusky coloured)...and this is what resulted!


For each of these bracelets you just need chain, thread, jump rings and a clasp. and a little patience (that's mainly just for the blue bracelet).


The chains in the blue bracelet are held together by two pieces of embroidery thread woven through each link and then secured in a knot at the end.


For the coral bracelet I had a throwback to my friendship bracelet making days when I was inspired by this post from I Spy DIY. 


And finally I used some light grey thread to create the simple plaits of the third bracelet to tie the pink and blue bracelets together. I love how these bracelets look when worn together!


Does anybody else love wrapping up presents...any excuse to make something look pretty!




6 comments:

  1. These looks great! So creative and fun. And loving the wrapping job as well. Good work! Thanks for sharing! Xo, M&K at brewedtogether.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute!! I love the grapping idea and the bracelets are so simple and beautiful!! now following! Hope you follow back babe!! Xxo from mexico! I would be so happy if you could check out my blog and say what you think!!
    http://www.thestyletographer.com/

    Thanks! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like all of the bracelets! The subtle colors will make them nice to wear with any outfit.

    makinglittleadventures.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment- I don't have an etsy shop although I would LOVE to at some point in the future!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...